Journey to the Heart of Japan: 1-Day Shinto Learning Tour at Ise Jingu
1. Visit both the Naiku and Geku of Ise Jingu, a shrine loved by Japanese people. Ise Jingu is said to be the most sacred spot in the Shinto religion. Here, learn about Japanese mythology, culture, and more with easy-to-follow explanations from an English-speaking National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter.
2. Enjoy comfortable transportation with reserved seats on the limited express train for the round trip from Nagoya. With a National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter by your side there's no worry about getting lost, so enjoy worry-free sightseeing. Participants who plan to stay in Ise, Shima, or Toba on the day following the tour may leave the tour midway.
3. Both the Geku and Sengukan will be toured. Learn all about the soul of Ise Jingu, including exhibits on how the divine treasures are made, a model of the Ise Jingu buildings, and videos.
4. Step through the torii gate that guards the Naiku and enter a different world. World leaders visited this spot during the 2016 G7 Ise-Shima Summit. Experience the Naiku's unique atmosphere which features towering trees and the murmuring of a river.
5. Also enjoy a walk around Okage Yokocho, the side street area at the gate to the Naiku where over 60 shops recreate an old fashioned atmosphere. Try some of the local food such as Ise udon noodles.
0845 Meet at Tourist Information Center inside Nagoya Station
0910 Depart from Nagoya Station
1031 Arrive at Iseshi Station
1045-1215 Visit Sengukan & Geku
1250-1520 Okage Yokocho Stroll & Naiku Visit
1610 Depart from Isuzugawa Station
1737 Arrive at Nagoya Station